Thursday, August 4

Life Force

As I get older my attraction for men in their early thirties only becomes impractical. I worry that it's youth that I desire. But I walk the streets now and see not tall, short, fat, cute, handsome, young or sexy. I see life. Every human body walking down the street, sitting on a bus, taking tickets in a movie theater, I measure in degrees of life. I've come to love Latin men for their passion. Is passion not the vigor of life?

Beyond age or ethnicity, beyond the body itself, there is a fire that remains kindled, or more often, neglected and let fade to ash. Safety. Comfort. Apathy. These things prevent me from exercising my life force. Curiosity, Risk. Adventure. Imagination. These stoke the fire.

Since I was released from the chains of my childhood I've been a stoker. In recent years I've lapsed a bit, but my brush with mortality has focused my attention on the task at hand. Although I don't fear the steps I must take, I have been slow to act. I gotta get my butt into gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home